This week in transparency news: November 3-9, 2018

by Staff writer,
Posted on 11/9/2018

Transparency in clinical trials is continually changing, and to stay on top of the news, TrialAssure brings a weekly round-up of some of the key stories surrounding disclosures in clinical trials. This week’s stories are as follows:

Gates Foundation endorses transparency initiative Nature.com

Two of the world’s largest biomedical research funders – the London-based Wellcome Trust and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle, Wash. – have backed a plan to make all papers resulting from work they fund open access on publication by 2020.

Read the full article here.

EudraCT publishes October 2018 web reportEuropean Medicines Agency (EMA)

The EMA published the new cumulative totals in EudraCT, representing when the database went first began in 2004 until October 30, 2018. Currently, there are 53,355 clinical trials recorded and 79 percent of those are from commercial sponsors.

Read the full report here.

Trials run by UK universities are alarmingly under publishedTranspariMED  

Stated in a new report, UK universities have failed to post the results of 1,639 clinical trials onto registries. Only 9 percent of completed trials have posted results, while the remaining 91 percent are in breach of World Health Organization (WHO) standards.

Get the details here.

Share: