Knowing which countries to submit clinical trial results summaries to is the easy part. What becomes difficult is learning the intricacies and transparency requirements of every clinical trial registry globally, including the Lebanon Clinical Trials Registry (LBCTR). Here is an overview of this registry:
Registry name: Lebanon Clinical Trials Registry (LBCTR)
Year established: 2019
Points of interest:
- The LBCTR is owned and managed by the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health and allows both interventional and observational studies.
- The registry includes all human trials in various therapeutic areas in pharmaceuticals, surgical procedures, preventative measures, lifestyle, devices, treatment, and rehabilitation strategies.
- As of September 2019, there are 83 published studies on the LBCTR.
- The LBCTR is currently planning to apply to become a primary registry of the WHO ICTRP network of registries.
- All registered trials on the LBCTR are publicly available.
- WHO developed the clinical trial registration software for the LBCTR.
Related transparency research/articles:
- Clinical research ethics review process in Lebanon
- Beirut, Lebanon clinical trials: CenterWatch
- Lebanon clinical trials registry training
TrialAssure® Registry can automate the disclosure of clinical trial results for LBCTR. For questions or a free demo, fill out this form.