Knowing which countries to submit clinical trial results summaries to is the easy part. What becomes difficult is learning the intricacies and transparency requirements of every clinical trial registry globally, including the Sri Lanka Clinical Trials Registry (SLCTR). Here is an overview of this registry:
Registry name: Tanzania Clinical Trials Registry (TzCTR)
Year established: 2013
Points of interest:
- The Tanzania Food and Drugs Authority (TFDA) oversees, approves, and inspects clinical trials in Tanzania. The TFDA is a regulatory body underneath the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MoHCDGEC).
- The clinical trial application is in English.
- TzCTR has a total of 20 data sets in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) requirements and is consistent with international clinical trials registry standards.
- The TzCTR defines the trial site as the location where trial-related activities are conducted.
- Any organizational representative can apply for an account with the TzCTR, including principle investigators, co-investigators, and data administrators.
Related transparency research/articles:
- The Tanzania Food, Drugs and Cosmetics Act Arrangement of Regulations
- Establishing Clinical Trials Registries in Africa: The Tanzanian Clinical Trials Registry
- Tanzania: ClinRegs
TrialAssure® Registry can automate the disclosure of clinical trial results for TzCTR. For questions or a free demo, fill out this form.