DATABASE SNAPSHOT: ClinicalStudyDataRequest.com (CSDR)
by Staff writer, Posted on 11/19/2019
Knowing where to submit clinical trial results summaries to is the easy part. What becomes difficult is learning the intricacies and transparency requirements of every clinical trial data sharing portal globally, including ClinicalStudyDataRequest.com (CSDR). Here is an overview:
Portal name: ClinicalStudyDataRequest.com (CSDR)
Year established: 2013
Points of interest:
- The CSDR is a consortium of clinical study sponsors and funders, making it a data-sharing community.
- According to the CSDR website, its mission is to “drive scientific innovation and improve medical care by facilitating access to patient-level data from clinical studies.”
- Researchers can request access to the anonymized clinical trial data available on the site.
- The secure portal protects patient-level data and the research participants’ privacy.
- In 2018, CSDR partnered with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Cancer Research UK, Medical Research Council, and Wellcome Trust to expand the consortium data pool.
- As of October 31, 2019, there are 3,145 studies listed on CSDR.
- CSDR also partners with 14 large pharmaceutical companies across various therapeutic areas.
- Users must create an account and initiate a research proposal to request specific data from a study.
- ClinicalStudyDataRequest.com announces partnerships with global academic research funders to expand researchers’ access to patient-level clinical trial data
- Ethics approval in applications for open-access clinical trial data: An analysis of researcher statements to ClinicalStudyDataRequest.com
- Clinical Study Data Request program
TrialAssure® REGISTRY can automate the disclosure of clinical trial results for any registry. For questions or more information, click here.