Knowing which countries to submit clinical trial results summaries to is the easy part. What becomes difficult is learning the intricacies and transparency requirements of every clinical trial registry globally, including the Swiss National Clinical Trials Portal (SNCTP). Here is an overview of this registry:
Registry name: Swiss National Clinical Trials Portal (SNCTP)
Year established: 2014
Points of interest:
- The SNCTP is directed by the Coordination Office for Human Research (kofam), which is operated by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
- The SNCTP has 10,171 registered trials from Switzerland and an additional 41,766 registered trials from neighboring countries.
- All clinical trials in Switzerland authorized by an ethics committee must be published in the SNCTP.
- Trials studying rare diseases in Switzerland can be filtered in the search results.
- The Federal Act on Research involving Human Beings (HRA) and the Ordinance on Clinical Trials in Human Research (ClinO) mandate the registration of research projects and publication in a WHO primary register, clinicaltrials.gov, and in a supplementary federal database, which would include the SNCTP.
- For clinical trials conducted in Switzerland, information for laypeople is available in Swiss.
- SNCTP seeks to make information about clinical trials in Switzerland more accessible and transparent.
Related transparency research/articles:
- Switzerland Guides Innovation Clinical Trial Regulations
- Portal for clinical trials in Switzerland (SNCTP)
- Switzerland Clinical Trials: CenterWatch
- Registration in the SNCTP
TrialAssure® Registry can automate the disclosure of clinical trial results for SNCTP. For questions or a free demo, fill out this form.