Registry name: Swiss National Clinical Trials Portal (SNCTP)
Year established: 2014
Points of interest:
- The SNCTP is directed by the Coordination Office for Human Research (kofam), which is operated by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
- The SNCTP has 10,171 registered trials from Switzerland and an additional 41,766 registered trials from neighboring countries.
- All clinical trials in Switzerland authorized by an ethics committee must be published in the SNCTP.
- Trials studying rare diseases in Switzerland can be filtered in the search results.
- The Federal Act on Research involving Human Beings (HRA) and the Ordinance on Clinical Trials in Human Research (ClinO) mandate the registration of research projects and publication in a WHO primary register, clinicaltrials.gov, and in a supplementary federal database, which would include the SNCTP.
- For clinical trials conducted in Switzerland, information for laypeople is available in Swiss.
- SNCTP seeks to make information about clinical trials in Switzerland more accessible and transparent.
Related transparency research/articles:
- Switzerland Guides Innovation Clinical Trial Regulations
- Portal for clinical trials in Switzerland (SNCTP)
- Switzerland Clinical Trials: CenterWatch
- Registration in the SNCTP
TrialAssure® Registry can automate the disclosure of clinical trial results for SNCTP. For questions or a free demo, fill out this form.